Report to: Head of IT
We are looking for a Head of Development to join our growing team of products and services development team and manage the processes, people responsible for developing and driving the technology vision of the company. The candidate will recommend and implement the technical strategy roadmap that will align with company business goals and objectives in support of continuing growth, while driving innovative technologies that will enhance the company’s products and services and create a sustainable competitive advantage for HSC.
The candidate need to understand the day-to-day operational demands of a company, working within the corporate environment to the benefit of the entire application portfolio. As a member of the senior team, the Head of Development is expected to be a strategic business partner and contributor, understanding key business drivers and building effective relationships throughout the organization.
1. Strategy & Planning
- Contribute and support Head of IT to define the overall IT strategy to proactive driver and enable the business strategy.
- Build and enhance the application portfolio to maintain the sustainable competitive advantage.
- In charge of overall architecture of core trading systems and related ecosystems .
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
2. Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
3. Software development
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
Key personal characteristics and competencies of the ideal candidate
1. Knowledge & experience
- Have systems architecture ownership experience, particularly for a financial company and excellent understanding of customer behavior, and keen insights regarding technology and business trends.
- Ability to deliver customer-centric applications while also anticipating internal operational needs and delivering apps that result in value-added services to the organization.
- Leadership experience , proven track record in innovation strategy.
- Experience in P&L ownership, margin improvements, and strong team building experience, both direct and through cross-functional teams.
- Experience working cooperatively with suppliers.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership roles
- Extensive experience with core trading applications and financial related areas.
2. Technical skills
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to think in ""big picture"" terms, detail implementation plan
3. Soft skills
- Change leadership focus and orientation.
- Excellent decision-making ability based on growth, with a data-driven mindset.
- Successful in owning business results, and knows how to inspire the team to - - - Ability to step outside your own technical domain and take the “voice” of the customer as input into their direction setting and decision making.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to foster an open dialogue among all stakeholders that encourages respectful and honest.